Jayden

This blog tells the story of Jayden Rhoades. Jayden was born January 17, 2005 and is only beginning his journey through life.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Camping & Measles

Well, we're back from the camping trip. We decided Friday late to leave on Saturday. By the time Brian got home from work and we drove up there, it would have been dark already. So we stayed Saturday and Sunday nights. Jayden had a blast until late Sunday evening.

He started running a fever Sunday. We thought he got too hot during the day because we went to a colonial village, and he walked around. His temperature was 102.4. We've been giving him Tylenol every 3-4 hours, but it got up to 104 tonight.

We called our doctor's office and their voicemail sent us to the University of Kentucky's children's hospital. We talked to a nurse there who thinks Jayden has the measles. He has little red splotches that started this afternoon in front of his ear and are now on his arm and back. We're just watching right now. We gave him a sponge bath, and we're trying to keep him drinking. If his temperature goes up that high again, I'm taking him to the emergency room. Otherwise, I'll call the doctor Tuesday and see if we need to come in.

So, I'm tired from being up with him all night last night, and I know that I'll be up and down tonight, too. I have some pictures from the trip. I hope I can post them sometime this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home