Jayden

This blog tells the story of Jayden Rhoades. Jayden was born January 17, 2005 and is only beginning his journey through life.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Cali

Cali is a cat. She's also Jayden's best friend. She's loved him since the moment we brought him home from the hospital. Yesterday, she almost found herself homeless.

She has developed a habit of sleeping in Jayden's crib. I know that makes a lot of people cringe, but we feel okay with it. He's big enough to move around now, and she doesn't lie down on him, so we figure they're okay.

Yesterday afternoon, he wanted to take a nap. I put him in bed, and Cali woke him up. I thought, "okay, he must not have been that tired." About 20 minutes later, he kept fussing and acting like he was sleepy. So I put him down again. Cali did the same thing again!

He was crying because he really was sleepy, and she kept flopping on him and purring. I was so mad at her! Getting Jayden to sleep can be a chore, and if you miss your one opportunity, then it's gone. He's not tired anymore, but he's cranky.

I told Brian that I'm going to start locking her in the bathroom when I put him down. She keeps doing it. At night, she'll come in and meow at his crib and wake him up. That cat's driving me nuts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home